Dark Skies Photography Workshops
fall/winter: OCTOBER 2018 thru FEBRUARY 2019
1 NIGHT in JOshua Tree
all skill levels welcome
Scheduled near the New Moon when the night skies are their darkest. Spend the night exploring the park and the dark skies in Joshua Tree. An excellent introduction to Dark Skies photography for beginners, and an excellent location for experienced photographers to take their craft to the next level.
Note: The Milky Way "core' is best viewed March-September, but Dark Skies Photography in Joshua Tree is great every month during the New Moon.
- Overnight session - Starts ~2 hours before sunset - Ends 11am next day
- Dark Skies Photography training
- "Star Tracker" Photography Training and Techniques
- Optimal camera settings for ISO / Aperture / Exposure / Color temperature
- Night photography from numerous locations in the park
- Night-Lighting techniques
- Star Trail Photography
- Overview of Astronomy topics relevant to Dark Skies photography
- Post Processing training in Lightroom "Classic" CC
- Optimal Camera Setup, including lens selection - pre-class
PRICE: $399 (USD) per photographer
upcoming dark skies Photography Workshops
Recommended Camera Equipment
Check our gear guides
This workshop requires that you have a DLSR (or Mirrorless) camera which allows for manual settings of Aperture, Exposure duration and ISO. The camera should support interchangeable lenses - FAST (F2.8 or faster) and WIDE (20MM or wider, 14MM is preferable) are best for nighttime photography (lenses can be rented on-line at www.borrowlenses.com). You will also need a tripod. You can also bring a laptop (for processing your images). Once you've registered, you will receive a preparation guide and a list of useful apps for night photography.