Milky Way Photography Workshops
april thru september
1 NIGHT in JOshua Tree
all skill levels welcome
Scheduled near the New Moon when the night skies are their darkest. Spend the night exploring the park and the night skies in Joshua Tree. An excellent introduction to Night-photography for beginners, and an excellent location for experienced photographers to take their craft to the next level.
- Overnight session - Starts 2 hours before sunset - Ends 11am next day
- Sunset/Landscape photography session in the park
- Milky Way Photography training
- Optimal camera settings for ISO / Aperture / Exposure / Color temperature
- Night-photography from numerous locations in the park
- Night-Lighting techniques
- You will learn how to make Star Trail images
- Overview of Astronomy topics relevant to Night-Photography
- Post-Processing training on Adobe Lightroom "Classic" CC
- Optimal Camera Setup, including lens selection - pre-class
PRICE: $399 (USD) per photographer
Choose your Lodging Option:
B&B in Joshua Tree (limit 6)
We provide a private room, queen bed, lite breakfast
& Lightroom "Classic" training session.
Camping in Joshua Tree National Park (limit 6)
We supply sleeping bags , pads, tents, a homemade BBQ dinner & Sunrise in the Park! Lite breakfast & Lightroom "Classic" training session back at our B&B.
upcoming 2018 Milky Way
April 12, 2018 - CampiNG SOLD OUT
may 13, 2018 - B&B SOLD OUT
Check our gear guides
This workshop requires that you have a DLSR (or Mirrorless) camera which allows for manual settings of Aperture, Exposure Duration and ISO. The camera should support interchangeable lenses - FAST (F2.8 or faster) and WIDE (20MM or wider, 14MM is preferable) are best for nighttime photography (lenses can be rented on-line at www.borrowlenses.com). You will also need a tripod. You can also bring a laptop (for processing your images). Once you've registered, you will receive a preparation guide and a list of useful apps for night photography.