DARK SKIES PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
INCLUDES A PRIVATE ROOM AT OUR B&B IN JOSHUA TREE
We will spend the night exploring the park and the Dark Skies in Joshua Tree. An excellent introduction to Night-Photography for beginners, and an excellent location for experienced photographers to take their craft to the next level.
Class size limited to 6.
- Nighttime session - from sunset > night
- Night-Photography training
- Star Trails Photography
- Optimal camera settings for ISO / Aperture / Exposure / Color temperature
- Night-Lighting techniques
- Overview of Astronomy topics relevant to astrophotography
- Post Processing options in Lightroom to bring out the best images
- Optimal Camera Setup, including lens selection - pre-class
- Includes Lodging at B&B for night of event
This workshop requires that you have a DLSR (or Mirrorless) camera which allows for manual settings of Aperture, Exposure duration and ISO. The camera should support interchangeable lenses - FAST (F2.8 or faster) and WIDE (20MM or wider, 14MM is preferable) are best for nighttime photography (lenses can be rented on-line). You will also need a tripod. You will also need to bring a laptop (for processing your images). Once you've registered I will send you a list of download instructions for the software which is used in the workshop.