WORKSHOP FEE - $3000 (USD)
RESERVE YOUR SPOT - $500 (USD) - NON-REFUNDABLE
OCTOBER 14-20, 2017
JOURNEY THRU ICELAND WITH AWARD WINNING FILMMAKER / PHOTOGRAPHER - CASEY KIERNAN
5 SPOTS ONLY - Beginners / Intermediate / Advanced / Couples discounts available
Iceland offers some of the most amazing landscapes on the planet.
In our 2017 Aurora, Astro & Timelapse workshop, you will immerse yourself in one of the most magical places on earth. Our workshops offer an excellent mix of technology, craft, creativity and traveling - with the goal of creating inspiring photographic images and Timelapse sequences.
These are traveling workshops. Everyday you will wake up in a new place, travel to new vistas, wake up the next morning, and travel some more. If you want to experience Iceland, this workshop is for you.
WHAT THE WORKSHOP INCLUDES
- Travel to many magical spots in Iceland (see HOW IT WORKS)
- Photograph Waterfalls, Glacier, Lakes, Diamond Beach, Auroras and more...
- Learn Landscape Photography Techniques
- Learn Aurora Photography Techniques
- Learn Timelapse Photography (LRTImelapse)
- Learn Post-Processing Techniques (Lightroom CC)
- Wake up in some of the most amazing landscapes on the planet!
- Note: We cannot control the weather in Iceland - It changes frequently. Fall is a great time in Iceland to capture great scenery and Auroras - but there are no guarantees.
- APRIL 1, 2017 - Reservations Open - $500 Deposit (USD) (non-refundable)
- SEPTEMBER 1, 2017 - Remaining Workshop Fee Due - $2500 (USD) (See Cancellations Policy)
- OCTOBER 14, 2017 - NOON - Workshop meets near Reykjavik, Iceland
- OCTOBER 14-20 - Our Workshop journey through Iceland!
- OCTOBER 20 - NOON - Workshop Ends - We recommend that you plan to stay a few extra days to enjoy Iceland!
WORKSHOP ATTENDEES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Air Transportation to/from Iceland - WOW airlines recommended.
- Transportation within Iceland / pre-arrange directly with Happy Campers immediately upon registering for the workshop.
- Meals, snacks and other local fees.
Our Timelapse workshops require that you have a DLSR (or Mirrorless!) camera which allows for manual settings of Aperture, Exposure duration and ISO. The camera should support interchangeable lenses - FAST (F2.8 or faster) and WIDE (20MM or wider, 14MM is preferable) are best for nighttime photography (lenses can be rented on-line). You will also need a tripod and an Intervalometer (or a camera which supports Intervalometer functions natively in the camera). You will also need to bring a laptop (for processing your sequences). Once you've registered I will send you a list of download instructions for the software which is used in the workshop.