NEW MOON MILKY WAY PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
CAMPING IN JOSHUA TREE NATIONAL PARK
(Camping tents/sleeping bags/matts provided if needed)
We will spend the night exploring the park and the Milky Way in Joshua Tree. An excellent introduction to Astrophotography for beginners, and an excellent location for experienced photographers to take their craft to the next level.
Class size limited to 6.
- All night session - from sunset > all night -> sunrise
- Astro-Photography training
- Optimal camera settings for ISO / Aperture / Exposure / Color temperature
- Astrophotography from numerous locations in the park
- Night-Lighting techniques
- Overview of Astronomy topics relevant to astrophotography
- Post Processing options in Lightroom to bring out the best images
- Optimal Camera Setup, including lens selection - pre-class
- Includes Lodging at B&B for night of event
This workshop requires that you have a DLSR (or Mirrorless) camera which allows for manual settings of Aperture, Exposure duration and ISO. The camera should support interchangeable lenses - FAST (F2.8 or faster) and WIDE (20MM or wider, 14MM is preferable) are best for nighttime photography (lenses can be rented on-line). You will also need a tripod. You will also need to bring a laptop (for processing your images). Once you've registered I will send you a list of download instructions for the software which is used in the workshop.