2018 calendar posted below!
1 NIGHT in JOshua Tree!
Scheduled near the New Moon when the night skies are their darkest. Spend the night exploring the park and the night skies in Joshua Tree. An excellent introduction to Night-photography for beginners, and an excellent location for experienced photographers to take their craft to the next level.
Two options available:
B&B in Joshua Tree (limit 6) - WE PROVIDE A PRIVATE ROOM, LITE BREAKFAST & LIGHTROOM TRAINING.
Camping in Joshua Tree National Park (limit 6) - WE SUPPLY SLEEPING BAGS, TENTS, BBQ, BREAKFAST & ENTERTAINMENT - AND SUNRISE!.
Note: The Milky Way "core' is best viewed March-September, but Night Photography in JT is always great on the New Moon.
Note: Our workshops are scheduled on optimal nights for Night Photography. Make a 3 day weekend out of it and stay at our B&B in Joshua Tree!
- Overnight session - Starts 5pm - Ends 11am next day
- Milky Way -Photography training
- Optimal camera settings for ISO / Aperture / Exposure / Color temperature
- Night-photography from numerous locations in the park
- Night-Lighting techniques
- You will learn how to do Star Trail images (below)
- Overview of Astronomy topics relevant to Night-Photography
- Post Processing options in Adobe Lightroom CC to bring out the best images
- Optimal Camera Setup, including lens selection - pre-class
PRICE $399 (US) per studenT - choose
*B&B LODGING (6 max) OR CAMPING (6 max) option
2018 Milky Way Photography Workshops
This workshop requires that you have a DLSR (or Mirrorless) camera which allows for manual settings of Aperture, Exposure duration and ISO. The camera should support interchangeable lenses - FAST (F2.8 or faster) and WIDE (20MM or wider, 14MM is preferable) are best for nighttime photography (lenses can be rented on-line at www.borrowlenses.com). You will also need a tripod. You can also bring a laptop (for processing your images). Once you've registered, you will receive a preparation guide and a list of useful apps for night photography.
*B&B Lodging - Private Room / Queen Bed / Common Bathroom in Joshua Tree.
There is no charge for non-photographer spouses to attend the workshop and to stay in the private B&B room. This offer is not available for camping workshops.