SPRING 2017 ICELAND WORKSHOP ANNOUNCED!
MARCH 25-31, 2017
landscape / astro / HDR / TIMELAPSE / AURORA - photography
JOKULSARLON / crystal BEACH / ice caves
WATERFALLS / SELJALANDSFOSS / SVARTIFOSS / SKOGAFOSS, PLUS OTHERS
JOURNEY THRU ICELAND With award-winning Filmmaker / Photographer
5 SPOTS TOTAL
Beginners / Intermediate / Advanced / Couples discounts available
Worskhop includes a Joshua Tree Workshop Hoodie
WORKSHOP FEE - $3000 (USD) PER PHOTOGRAPHER
WORKSHOP GUEST - $500 (USD) **NON-PHOTOGRAPHER
**Non-Photographer's share vehicle with "Photographer" and are responsible for their own travel and meal expenses.
what we'll do
- Travel to many magical spots in Iceland (see HOW IT WORKS)
- Photograph Waterfalls, Glacier Lakes, Crystal Beach, Auroras and more...
- Learn Landscape Photography Techniques
- Learn Aurora Photography Techniques
- Learn Post-Processing Techniques
- Wake up in some of the most amazing landscapes on the planet!
- Note: We cannot control the weather in Iceland - It changes frequently. October is a great time in Iceland to capture great scenery and Auroras - but there are no guarantees.
- SEPTEMBER 1, 2016 - Reservations Open - $500 (USD) due (non-refundable)
- JANUARY 10, 2017 - Remaining Workshop Fee Due - $2500 (USD) (See Cancellations Policy)
- MARCH 25, 2017 - NOON - Workshop meets in Reykjavik, Iceland
- MARCH 25-31 - Workshop in Iceland.
- MARCH 31 - NOON - Workshop Ends - We recommend that you plan to stay a few extra days to enjoy Iceland!
WORKSHOP ATTENDEES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- International Transportation to/from Iceland
- Transportation within Iceland / pre-arrange directly with Happy Campers
This is a traveling workshop.
No Fixed Schedule
HOW IT WORKS
This workshop is focused on maximizing your time "on the ground" photographing the beauty of Iceland. Instead of hotels, we will be renting individual (or couples) "Camper Vans". This gives us the flexibility to follow the weather and Auroras in Iceland. For our main meals, we will visit the great home-style restaurants in Iceland.
We will be using Happy Campers of Iceland (pictured above). You can check out the different campers on their website. We are traveling after the end of their "main" Season, so prices are reduced! (And there will be less tourists!) Check out their FAQ.
- Driving - We are not expecting to be driving on snow/ice - we will be on/near the main roads - which are well serviced
- A Valid Drivers License is required (from your country of origin)
- No strenuous hikes - Most photography locations are near the vehicles
- Meals - We will generally eat 2 meals a day, with snacks in between
- Showers - We will be "on the road" so we will get showers every few days (at available spots)
TO get the most of your trip to Iceland, bring a DLSR (or Mirrorless) camera which allows for manual settings of Aperture, Exposure duration and ISO. The camera should support interchangeable lenses - FAST (F2.8 or faster (F1.4)) and WIDE (20MM or wider, 14MM is preferable) are best for nighttime photography (lenses can be rented on-line). You should also bring a tripod and an Intervalometer (or a camera which supports Intervalometer functions natively in the camera). We suggest brining a laptop (for storing your images). You will receive a preparation instructions prior to the workshop.