ICELAND FALL 2017 WORKSHOP ANNOUNCED!
OCT 14-20, 2017 and march 17-32, 2018
landscape / astro / HDR / PANO / TIMELAPSE / AURORA - photography
Jökulsárlón / glacier lagoon / DIAMOND BEACH
WATERFALLS / Kirkjufellsfoss, SELJALANDSFOSS,
SVARTIFOSS, Skógafoss, Öxarárfoss and OTHERS
JOURNEY THRU ICELAND With award-winning Filmmaker / Photographer
& producer of the 'timelapse film festival'
Class size is limited to 4 Vehicles - ONLY 2 SPOTS REMAINING!
Beginners / Intermediate / Advanced / Couples discounts available
includes Lightroom CC training
We spend our time filming across the entire southern region - West to East along Hwy 1
from Kirkjufellsfoss (West Coast) to Vattarnes (East Coast)
including the Golden Circle
Workshop includes a Joshua Tree Workshop Hoodie
WORKSHOP FEE - $3000 (USD) PER PHOTOGRAPHER
WORKSHOP GUEST - $500 (USD) **NON-PHOTOGRAPHER
**Non-Photographer's share vehicle with "Photographer" and are responsible for their own travel and meal expenses.
FALL 2017 - RESERVE YOUR SPOT
SPRING 2018 - RESERVE YOUR SPOT
what the workshop includes
- Travel to many magical spots in Iceland (see HOW IT WORKS)
- Photograph Waterfalls, Glacier, Lakes, Diamond Beach, Auroras and more...
- Learn Landscape Photography Techniques
- Learn Aurora Photography Techniques
- Learn Timelapse Photography (LRTImelapse)
- Learn Post-Processing Techniques (Lightroom CC)
- Wake up in some of the most amazing landscapes on the planet!
- Note: We cannot control the weather in Iceland - It changes frequently. Fall is a great time in Iceland to capture great scenery and Auroras - but there are no guarantees.
- APRIL 1, 2017 - Reservations Open - $500 Deposit (USD) (non-refundable)
- SEPTEMBER 1, 2017 - Remaining Workshop Fee Due - $2500 (USD) (See Cancellations Policy)
- OCTOBER 14, 2017 - NOON - Workshop meets near Reykjavik, Iceland
- OCTOBER 14-20 - Our Workshop journey through Iceland!
- OCTOBER 20 - NOON - Workshop Ends - We recommend that you plan to stay a few extra days to enjoy Iceland!
WORKSHOP ATTENDEES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Air Transportation to/from Iceland - WOW airlines recommended.
- Transportation within Iceland / pre-arrange directly with Happy Campers immediately upon registering for the workshop.
- Meals, snacks and other local fees.
This is a traveling workshop
No Fixed Schedule
100% immersion at each world class location
We will spend as much time as needed at each location
(no '30 minutes per location' tours - shared with 20 photographers)
Do you know the correct time to shoot at diamond beach?
Do you know what to bring? what to wear?
I'll show you.
HOW IT WORKS
This workshop is focused on maximizing your time "on the ground" photographing the beauty of Iceland. Instead of hotels, we will be renting individual (or couples) "Camper Vans". This gives us the flexibility to follow the weather and Auroras in Iceland. For our main meals, we will visit the great home-style restaurants in Iceland.
We will be using Happy Campers of Iceland (pictured above). You can check out the different campers on their website. We are traveling after the end of their "main" Season, so prices are reduced! (And there will be less tourists!) Check out their FAQ.
- Driving - We are not expecting to be driving on snow/ice - we will be on/near the main roads - which are well serviced.
- A Valid Drivers License is required (from your country of origin).
- No strenuous hikes - Most photography locations are near the vehicles.
- Meals - We will generally eat two meals a day, with snacks in between. We will probably eat at a local restaurant every night.
- Showers - We will be "on the road, but our goal is to camp at a campground every night with services.
To get the most of your trip to Iceland, bring a DLSR (or Mirrorless) camera(s) which allow for manual settings of Aperture, Exposure duration and ISO. The camera should support interchangeable lenses - FAST (F2.8 or faster (F1.4)) and WIDE (20MM or wider, 14MM is preferable) are best for nighttime/Aurora photography (lenses can be rented on-line). You should also bring a tripod and an Intervalometer. Bring a laptop for storing your images and Lightroom CC training. Full preparation instructions are provided upon registration.